Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Year in Review

Over the past semester, I have found this class to be very beneficial. Having public relations major I expect to use many of the skills that I have learned in this class. Many of the assignments in this class will help me in my future line of work. Learning to use publisher to complete the newsletter will be a good skill to have in the business world. I also really enjoyed making the Facebook fan page. As prevalent as social media is becoming in our society and the business world, knowing your way around the social media site is another great skill to have. My Facebook fan page is for the Kettle Moraine Figure Skating Club and has so far been a great success among its members. The prevalence of social media was also apparent through the social media case studies. I looked over the success of the Harry Potter Tweets campaign. I also had a great time at the BMA event. It was really refreshing to do some learning outside of the classroom, meet new people, and get some good feedback on my resume and interviewing skills. Blogging was also an interesting experience. I had never blogged before, but I surprisingly found it to be a lot of fun. I don’t think that I had a favorite blog over the semester. I just enjoyed reading other classmates points of view on topics that were being discussed in class. Overall I really enjoyed this class.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the blogging too! This was a first for me. I remember when Myspace was big and i would occassionally post blogs through there but they never really meant anything, looking back. I think blogging is neat but at the same time dont really see it being as big as some people have it (aka those who have HUNDREDS of followers) and blog every hour. For me sometimes I felt i was taking a PR class vs a multimedia class.

    ReplyDelete