Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BMA-MKE


Have you ever wanted some advice on how to propel yourself into the business world? That is exactly what the members of BMA Milwaukee provided to area college students at their Lightening Round Interview and Resume Review event. At the event, students visited three different stations. The first station was a presentation on social media given by three professionals from the Fullhouse Marketing agency. During the presentation, the professionals disscussed how to appropriately utilize and present yourself on popular social media sites often used in job searches. The sites that were focused on included Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter. Stutdent were even encouraged to tweet during the presentation using the hashtag #bmamke. The next section gave students the opportunity to have their resumes reviewed by different Milwaukee professionals. and the third section was a lightening round interview session in which students had six minuets to sell themselves in a mock interview.

Overall, I thought that all of the sections of this event were highly beneficial. However, my favorite section was the speed interviewing. In this section I was able to not only interview with four different professionals, but it was also a great networking oppourtunity. I believe that the feedback that I get during these interviews will really benefit me in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I like your intro it really grabbed my attention. I agree with you on how beneficial this event turned out to be. Im glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete